The G4I offers the most unique and complete workout of any home gym. The freedom of the independent 3D Motion arms allow you to work your primary muscles and secondary muscles for more natural, defined development. It also has the Swiveling Dual Lat Pulldown Station- a unique feature on any Body-Solid gym. In addition to the In-Home warranty, this gym carries the Body-Solid Commerical Warranty. 160lb. Selectorized Weight Stack: Upgradable to a 210lb. stack Iso-Flex™ 3-Dimensional Independent Iso-Flex Press Arms: Allows you to define all press and pec fly exercises with your own personal path of motion. This allows maximum development of both your primary muscles as well as your secondary muscles. Feels more like freeweights than a machine. Chest Supported Mid Row Station: The press arms convert to a standard mid row station when you turn around Swiveling Dual Lat Pulldown Station: Allows unlimited, full range of motion through unilateral, bilateral, converging or diverging movement. Do lat pulls, use the independant cables with any attachment as an upper pulley.
SmoothGlide Bearing System™: Glides you friction free through the leg developer station with a biomechanically accurate pivot point
Leg Extension Cuffs: Self-aligning and contoured, they automatically adjust throughout the exercise movement
Floor Space Dimensions: 83"L x 55"W x 83½"H (210cm x 139cm x 212cm)
Live Working Area: 104"L x 73"W x 83½"H (264cm x 185cm x 212cm)
Product Weight: 480lbs
These features come standard on all G-Series Multi-Gyms:
DuraFirm™ pads with lumbar support provide ultimate comfort and prevent lower back strain.
Heavy duty 12-gauge steel construction provides ultimate strength, function and durability.
Easy to use, space saving, no-cable-change design.
Telescoping, chrome plated seat post for quick, smooth adjustments and proper body positioning
Tough, durable, electrostatically applied powder coat finish ensures against scratching, chipping and peeling.
2,200 lb. tension strength, military spec, steel aircraft cables with nylon sheath provide durability and low maintenance.
4½" pulleys are impact resistant fiberglass reinforced nylon with precision machined steel ball bearings for prolonged cable life, smooth movement and maximum durability.
All stations feature self-lubricating bronze bushings with biomechanically accurate pivot points for friction-free shaft rotation.
Body-Solid In-Home Life Warranty. Cover everything forever. The Best Warranty in the Industry.
I purchased this home gym two months ago and am very pleased and excited with the decision. I started exercising (cardio and dumbbell) and eating right four months ago. Once I added this home gym, the weight started to fall off and the muscles started to build. In four months, I have lost 34 lbs and 13% body fat (35% to 22%).
One note; if you have the opportunity to have a professional assemble the gym, do so. It gave me a headache just looking at all of the pieces and took two people who have put many together over three hours.
Good, but a beast to assemble - W. Deal
Let me just say that I like this thing. The machine feels gym quality, and the weight rack is probably better than the bowlex rods.
It had free shipping, but the shipping company called and said that unless I was prepared to get it off the back of the truck myself, it would be another 50-dollar charge (which I paid). Probably could have gotten it off, it was in seven separate boxes and total weight was ~550 lbs, I believe.
That being said, this thing is an absolute beast to assemble. I am pretty handy, used to work with my hands and am now an engineer. It is several hundred steps to put this thing together, and some of them rely on a specfic order. However there were only five instruction "steps" included.......each "step" was a mechanical drawing with dozens of components on it and often not a clear depiction of where they went.
I spent a good 10 hours the first day of assembly and ended up with a number of things wrong. I e-mailed a complaint to their customer service (still have not heard back). Then I found a newer set of directions on their website that was considerably improved. After another two hours, everything is working. Only problem right now is that I paid for the upgraded weights. Turns out that two pieces are supposed to be omitted (the thing the weights rest on), and that is one of the first steps. If I am to assemble properly, probably looking at 2 hours to dissassemble and pull those two pieces out and then another 2 hours to re-assemble. Still have not done it.
All in all, the machine is solid, the excersizes feel "real", and I think it will last for many years. That is why it is four stars, I deducted one star due to the terrible instructions included that cost me many hours of assembly time. Since the machine was drop shipped from the manufacturer, there is no excuse for not having the most up to date instructions included!
Satisfied with the machine, but be prepared for the assembly.
Body Solid Good - JB Haller
The home gym is a winner - good assembly documentation, well-constructed, easy to use (although only been using it for a week). One of the large frame items was manufactured poorly and Body Solid replaced it within one week without any questions.
This item is usually delivered via Common Freight Carrier.
You accept these terms and conditions by purchasing this item. Call 800-383-9300 if there is a question.
1. A valid phone number is required: Your item(s) will be delivered by a common freight carrier that serves your area because the item you ordered is heavy or oversized. The carrier needs this number to schedule the delivery with you several days before arrival.
2. Delivery usually takes place only on Monday - Friday during business hours. Recipient must be present and a signature is required upon delivery.
3. If you wish to change the delivery address or conditions after the order has shipped, you must contact us directly. You will be responsible for any fees associated with changes.
4. The freight carrier is responsible to bring the packages to the end of the truck only. It is your responsibility to unload the freight from the truck into your home or garage. Drivers do not assist with unpacking or setup. Some freight companies may offer an optional lift gate service to drop the items off on the curb/or inside your home, for an additional charge. Your combined packages are probably over 150lbs., but packages may be taken apart in the truck to ease with unloading. We do not include this fee in the item cost because most customers would prefer do it themselves and save money.
5. It is your responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to delivery agent's departure. If the merchandise appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill. This will aid in the return/replacement process or you may refuse the delivery. If you choose to return the item after delivery has been accepted, you will be responsible for the return shipping fee.