Free weight power and resistance with the safety and control of a machine
Retail Price: $675.00
The Powerline Smith Machine is a true powerhouse that is often imitated but never duplicated. It's a combination of free weight power and resistance coupled with the safety and control of a machine. Uses four 2"x2" 12gauge steel pillars to support and guide the patented Super-Glide carriage during your most vigorous sets. 14 lockout positions and adjustable safeties assure the lifter ultimate safety while striving for greater muscle gains. PowerLine has taken the best equipment out of the health club and engineered it to their own uncompromising standards. Best of all, we made it affordable! Bar is standard size 1" dia.
Extra long twin carriages have long-life patented Super-Glide nylon bushings for frictionless movement and performance over 2"square, high polished chrome guide bars.
The ladder-type mainframe features full length, heavy-duty 12 gauge square pillars with 14 crossmember Lock-Out Points providing a solid foundation for the Safety Spotter Catches during the heaviest routines.
Another high-tech feature standard on the PowerLine Smith Machine is the dual-lock Safety Spotter Catch System. It prevents the bar from pinning the user in a max-out situation by simply turning the pivot sleeve only 15°.
Deeply knurled single pivot sleeve with positive glide roll radius was created to transfer lifting movements smoothly to the Safety Spotter Catches. Deemed a sophisticated dual-safety anti-slip lockout system, it operates independently from the main cross bar and simply locks in place with a quick turn of the wrists.
Heavy-duty Adjustable Safeties equip you for the unexpected. Jumbo pop pins are quickly and easily adjusted to help you come to a safer, predetermined stop with greater straight-line stability.
very stable. hooks line up perfectly. great for bench / squats / shrugs - Daniel Laws
I had it shipped ( all 3 boxes ) to my work, and loaded all 3 into my 2009 honda civic. at 6'6" long, it still made it home. If you take the time to lay out everything, and put washers with the bolts, then do the side rails, back and then the diamond floor plate, the chrome post, then the post with the spot holes, safties, then the bar, and tighten it all up. It took about an hour, start to finish. had to use a chair to hoist the bar up and onto the top rails..Everything lined up perfectly. I put 250 lbs on it and got 5 reps, without anywarmups..
If you take some car wax, and wax the posts, then polish it up, it glides even better. i feel its very heavy built. i do, ( or did ) use the smith machine at my health club, and this is close. ( of course, the health club version is $2,500, and is counterbalanced. )but other than that, it was a breeze. i can now squat, decline, flat, incline bench. I can set the safties up, and get in some narly shrugs. I even layed on mi back, and with safties in place, pushed the bar up with my feet. I dont feel i can break this machine. it will eventually do 300-500 lbs, and still be stable. Of course, i do place my plates into the provided weight posts on the 2 sides...that helps anchor everthing down, but the thing weights 170 lbs raw anyway...so i cant see anyone saying its not stable? and if the hooks dont line up, i think it was not installed right.
Mine is perfect. stable, smooth, rock solid, and typical Body Solid!
This item is usually delivered via Common Freight Carrier. Estimated time to ship is 3-5 days.
You accept these terms and conditions by purchasing this item. Call 800-383-9300 if there is a question.
1. A valid phone number is required: Your item(s) will be delivered by a common freight carrier that serves your area because the item you ordered is heavy or oversized. The carrier needs this number to schedule the delivery with you several days before arrival.
2. Delivery usually takes place only on Monday - Friday during business hours. Recipient must be present and a signature is required upon delivery.
3. If you wish to change the delivery address or conditions after the order has shipped, you must contact us directly. You will be responsible for any fees associated with changes.
4. The freight carrier is responsible to bring the packages to the end of the truck only. It is your responsibility to unload the freight from the truck into your home or garage. Drivers do not assist with unpacking or setup. Some freight companies may offer an optional lift gate service to drop the items off on the curb/or inside your home, for an additional charge. Your combined packages are probably over 150lbs., but packages may be taken apart in the truck to ease with unloading. We do not include this fee in the item cost because most customers would prefer do it themselves and save money.
5. It is your responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to delivery agent's departure. If the merchandise appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill. This will aid in the return/replacement process or you may refuse the delivery. If you choose to return the item after delivery has been accepted, you will be responsible for the return shipping fee.