Compact footprint, Patented Center Drive Technology
Retail Price: $1,745.00
With its small footprint, this elliptical can fit almost anywhere- no need for it to take up half the room. It has a low center of gravity, for easy step up and no rocking while you work out. The patented Center Drive Technology provides a natural dual-action upper and lower body stride. It also allows close pedal spacing which reduces hip fatigue. Finally it has contact heart rate and an in-home Premier Plus warranty.
Patented Center Drive design
Compact and portable
Stride Length: 20 3/4"
Low center of gravity and balanced frame prevents rocking
Dual-action upper and lower body
Easy step-up height
Contact heart rate
Close pedal spacing eliminates hip fatigue
275 pound user capacity
Best Fitness Premier Plus warranty
Recommend to all of my friends - Mary, Cottonwood AZ
My son bought me an elliptical for my birthday, The Best Fitness BFE1. I love the Machine, it was delivered to my door and my Husband put it together in just about 30 minutes. The machine is quite compact and very easy to use. I have used several elliptical at our health club and this one is the most comfortable and stable machine I have been on. I like that I can check my heart rate, something my doctor has been concerned that I am aware of when exercising. The hand rails and the oversized grips on the arms help me to balance myself during my workouts. It even has the neat handles so when we need the space my husband can wheel it into a corner or out of the room. I recommend the Best Fitness BFE1 to all of my friends. It's the best present my son has ever given me
Solid machine, easy to assemble and fun to use - Bernard Farrell
Our elliptical trainer arrived in a large cardboard box, that needed two people to move it. We had it delivered in our garage and carried the pieces down to the basement and assembled it there. The only difficult part of this was the base, which also needed to people to move - it's heavy and awkward. The box contained Styrofoam which was marked for recycling, and all the plastic bags were clearly marked with recycling symbols. I give them good marks for making recycling easier.
Assembly was extremely easy. The directions were fairly clear and the parts needed for each of the assembly steps was individually packed, see my photo. Some parts are left or right oriented and those are clearly marked with L or R stickers. It also came with all the tools needed for assembly. I put it together in about an hour. NOTE: I needed to tighten some of the nuts after we'd used the machine for 3 weeks. I noticed this after the elliptical was noisy to use, normally it's extremely quiet.
One hint, it's not clear where to plug in the power line. It goes into a small socket near the base of the left hand side, see the attached photo.
There are two roller wheel at the front of the unit and a large bar to the back, so in theory you can stash it when not in use and pull it out to use it.
When not in use it's 51" long and 30" wide. When in use, it's needs a length clearance of 68".
The power drive a large very readable and bright display. It shows the type of circuit you're using below very large digits that cycle between: workout time; speed; distance (miles); calories; pulse rate; and watts. The display powers off automatically, and then switches on when you get on the treadmill and take a step or two. So it's very energy efficient.
Programming the display is not obvious, and it's not explained well in the owner's manual. If you want to use one of the 12 program patterns shown follow these directions.
1. Power on the unit.
2. Press the Up arrow until the bottom of the display reads PROG.
3. Press the Mode button.
4. Press the Up or Down arrow to choose P01 to P12, for one of the patterns printed below the display.
5. Press the Mode button.
6. Choose the effort level with the Up or Down arrows.
7. Press the Mode button.
8. Use the up arrow to set the number of minutes you want to workout for.
9. Press the Start/Stop button and get going!
Because there's no motors in this unit, it's fairly quiet to operate with little clicking noises as you move. I can easily use it to walk forwards and backwards, and I can increase or decrease the levels while exercising. At the lowest level, I can go from 1 to 8. If you grip the small handles, your pulse rate is displayed after a few seconds.
Overall I've found using it is very smooth, it's not as bulky as a professional gym unit but it feels very solid. After we'd been using it for a week, I did use the tools to check the bolts and screws were all tight, a few of them had loosened slightly.
I have a two minor gripes: the hill display doesn't move, it's the same whether you do 10 minutes or 30 minutes; with program 3, for example, you always get four peaks with the time divided equally between the four sections. The other gripe is the placement of the water bottle holder. It's on the frame under where one of the big handles moves by. Trying to get it while you're using the elliptical is awkward, I wish they'd placed it on the step below the display.
We also have a good treadmill, but since the elliptical arrived it's been the machine that everyone in the family is using, including the kids.
This item is usually delivered via Common Freight Carrier. Estimated time to ship is 3-5 days.
You accept these terms and conditions by purchasing this item. Call 800-383-9300 if there is a question.
1. A valid phone number is required: Your item(s) will be delivered by a common freight carrier that serves your area because the item you ordered is heavy or oversized. The carrier needs this number to schedule the delivery with you several days before arrival.
2. Delivery usually takes place only on Monday - Friday during business hours. Recipient must be present and a signature is required upon delivery.
3. If you wish to change the delivery address or conditions after the order has shipped, you must contact us directly. You will be responsible for any fees associated with changes.
4. The freight carrier is responsible to bring the packages to the end of the truck only. It is your responsibility to unload the freight from the truck into your home or garage. Drivers do not assist with unpacking or setup. Some freight companies may offer an optional lift gate service to drop the items off on the curb/or inside your home, for an additional charge. Your combined packages are probably over 150lbs., but packages may be taken apart in the truck to ease with unloading. We do not include this fee in the item cost because most customers would prefer do it themselves and save money.
5. It is your responsibility to inspect merchandise prior to delivery agent's departure. If the merchandise appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill. This will aid in the return/replacement process or you may refuse the delivery. If you choose to return the item after delivery has been accepted, you will be responsible for the return shipping fee.