A complete gym in one compact, affordable machine! The padded press arms follow the natural arc of a free weight bench press and pectoral dumbbell fly. Comes with a 145 lb. weight stack. Features 2200 lb. test nylon coated aircraft quality cables and fiberglass pulleys with ball bearing movement on solid axle rotation. No cable change design!
Gym Stations and Basic Exercises
Chest Press, Chest Mid-Row, Back Hyperextension, Incline Press
Ships in 3 boxes, boxes weigh 75lbs., 75lbs., 105lbs.
The weight stack cannot be upgraded or added on to
Note: This gym does not come with a seperate workout guide. We have a Home Gym DVD which covers basic home gyms exercises- see the Related Products tab above. Also, you may call Body-Solid service at 800-833-1227 and ask for a guide from a different gym- most gym exercises are similar.
This home gym is small and compact. Designed really for general fitness and strength training, not for huge body-building. It needs assembly but that only took me about 4hrs by myself. The only thing I would say is don't follow the pulley installation instructions. Place the cable and pulley on the machine in order of feeding the cable, then tighten the pulley bolts to the machine.
This machine does just what you need as a home-fitness gym. It is compact and both my wife and I find it great to maintain tone without wanting huge bulk. It has 150lb in stacked weight which is fine for your general fitness needs. If you want larger weights then I would buy some free-weights but if you want a decent, well put together home gym that works arms, legs & chest then you can't go wrong with this machine.
Good for an old geezer - R. Howard "howardoaks"
This is a great machine for those of us who don't want to become too sedentary in the winter months. I am an outside guy but in the winter I spend a lot of time inside. Usually by Spring I am pretty much "stove-up". Hopefully, this will keep me from getting too far out of shape. I have owned it about 2 months and use it about every other night. I have come up with about 10 exercises that take me about an hour and a half to do. I take it easy. I believe if I pushed myself too much it would cause me to exercise reluctantly and eventually lose interest. I am not trying to be a Joe Weider here ya know. If I do get muscles popping out all over that would be okay too. I feel great after a work-out. And that's what it's all about. It should be an enjoyable experience. I usually listen to music while working out. A little Dire Straits, or Who, or anything that will get you "pumped-up".
The reason for the 4 star is the instructions. As was mentioned in another post, you do not want to follow the instructions on the pulleys. You'll just wind up taking them all off again to get the cable ran. Also, there are end caps that are supposed to go over the nuts. These caps only fit about 1/4th of the nuts on mine because the bolts come through too far. There was a little bottle that came with mine that said "poison" on it. I don't have a clue as to what was in the bottle because the cap came off during shipping and it was empty when I received it. One last thing, they should tell you in the beginning that you need silicone spray for the guides. The guides on mine were dirty or gritty or something and the weights would get stuck. This could have been dangerous because they would all of a sudden fall after being stuck. After using the spray they work great.
Everything is fine now and I consider this a good purchase. Bring out the charge card and get you one for Christmas. They are cheaper now than when I bought mine. So now you got a deal. Merry Christmas.
BFMG20 - Satisfied
I purchased the BFMG20 6 weeks ago. I had never owned this type of equip. The machine is just what I needed. It's VERY compact compared to others with similar features. It was easy to assemble with the parts fitting perfectly. I am 72 yrs. old and it is just right for me.
Home gym BFMG20 - Donald A. Didriksen "cleatus"
I like this product because of easy to fit in excercise room that has sauna, eliptical,stationary bike before this addition. Not for really bulking up but more of staying fit and strong. I am 50 so just trying to maintain.
Assembly was for the most part OK. Just do step by step or you will mess up for sure. 3 hours to set up with girlfriend...Overall a nice addition to our fitness room. Good price also at just over 400 dollars.
great size for a woman - J. Hitt "Hitt Woman"
I love my gym. My husband is a pretty big guy and it seems small for him, but he is using it. Received product quickly by very friendly carrier. My husband put it together pretty much by himself. I helped a little toward the end. It is so nice not to have to go to leave home.
This item is usually delivered via Common Freight Carrier. Handling time is 2-5 days plus shipping time from Chicago. Please review the terms below and contact us ASAP if there may be a problem.
1. The freight carrier will make attempts to contact you by your phone number on your order to schedule delivery. Please double check the phone number current. If they cannot reach you, or cannot arrange delivery, the item will have to be shipped back to us. If this happens, you may lose any shipping fees you paid for the item when the item is refunded.
2. Delivery is scheduled beforehand and usually takes place MONDAY-FRIDAY during business hours. You must be present for delivery and a signature is required. If you schedule an appointment then are not present without contacting the carrier, the carrier may charge a redelivery fee.
3. If you wish to change the delivery address after the order has shipped, you must contact us directly as soon as possible. Some changes may be not possible. If you wish to change the address after the item is already in your area, the carrier may charge a fee.
4. The carrier will arrive in front of your address and it is your responsibility to UNLOAD THE FREIGHT FROM THE TRUCK, drivers usually do not assist. We do not include a lift gate fee to drop the items on the curb, because most customers would prefer do it themselves and save money. If you wish to add this service, there may be an additional fee. The boxes may be taken apart in the truck to ease with unloading.
5. It is your responsibility to INSPECT the merchandise prior to delivery agent's departure. If the merchandise appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill. This will aid in the return/replacement process.