Body-Solid engineers knew that the best way to build an explosive lower body, and stay that way, would be to make your workouts incredibly Powerful... Comfortable... and Safe. As you work your quads, glutes, and calves, the engineered smoothness of the Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine spares your bones and joints. Three lockout positions are under the user's control throughout the exercises and provide user safety and the option of different start/stop positions. Olympic style plates only. Weight plates optional.
Quad track roller system operates smoothly and distributes weight evenly.
Both back pads utilize a quick flip-and-lock mechanism.
Extra-heavy gauge Diamond Plate foot platforms for both Leg Press and Hack Squat positions.
Easy-access under-carriage plate load system.
Extra heavy-duty 2"x 4" 11-gauge steel mainframe minimizes torsional flex for maximum strength and stability.
Ultra-tough, double-stitched DuraFirm! Back and Shoulder pads are 4" thick and contoured for maximum support of the lower back and shoulder areas.
Three lockout positions for user safety and convenience.
Hope this answers some of your questions - R.G. Brown
BodySolid - leg press/hack squat machine. Took less than 6 hours for me and wifey to uncrate, organize, assemble & cleanup. The package was short some nuts and screws. We ended going to Home Depot rather make this a big issue w/BodySolid. This is our second large piece of equipment and BodySolid ultimately backups their 100% warranty for broken equipment is why I purchased the latest unit from them. The unit works very well so far. I'm pressing eight 45's and like the smoothness and stability. I'm 6'5 and my wife is 5'7" and so the unit is height friendly. The pull pin is in a weird spot but we work with it making adjustments to it under the foot pad. The footprint is much smaller than what you will find in most gyms yet it doesn't want for quality. Overall my wife and I are pleased with the overall performance. The hack squat and calf press works as advertised. Hack squats are smooth and effortless. We hesitate to give the unit 5STARS because (1) we haven't had the unit very long, (2) it lacked minor but necessary pieces and (3) the cushions could have been better quality.
It works well - Super Mom
I purchased this leg press at Bayou Fitness several months ago for $960. The leg press arrived in 5 days and came in 5 or 6 boxes. Fortunately, the delivery guy brought the boxes into my house. Most of the assembly process was fairly easy, but one section was very difficult for me because I'm a 120 lb, short female and I had no help. First I separated the small parts, such as screws and washers into small plastic snack or sandwich bags, and labeled them with their assigned numbers. That helped quite a bit during the process. I found the instructions confusing because there are only diagrams, no actual instructions or words. In some cases, I put parts together in the wrong order and had to take them apart and put them back together later. If they would number the diagram to at least show which sections on the page should go together first, it would help. For anyone putting it together, study the diagram for a while to decide which sections must go together first....because it's not obvious right away. The section containing the footplate was by far the most difficult to put together because the foot plate is heavy (which is a good thing) and you have to lift both leg sections and the foot plate at the same time, while bolting into the standing section. Had I been taller and stronger, I probably wouldn't have struggled as much. I used a chair to hold up the footplate while bolting the other sections, but it was very tricky. Once I assembled the leg press, it worked well. I've used it several times a week for the past 5 months and am happy with it. I love the small footprint. It's effective as a leg press, hack squat and calf press. Modifying the machine to change exercises is quick and easy. I've found it doesn't work quite as well as the larger, commercial machines in the gym, but it works well for the price.
Leg press - Scott Schumacher
I have owned this piece for 3 years and still looks and operates just as well as when it was brand new and I use it a lot,6 days a week between myself and family members and I use with as much weight as it can handle.I highly recommend this piece to anyone looking to add a leg press to their home gym.
Excellent leg press, hack squat & calf raises
I purchased this unit about 2 years ago. Between my wife and I we use this about 4 times a week. She is 5'-3" and I'm 6'-4" and the unit accommodates both heights. Adjustments are easy and straight forward. I load the leg press with 4 100lb plates and 2 45lb plates without any problems. Even though the maximum weight capacity on this leg press is 1,000lbs, I would only be able to get 600 lbs on it since the posts aren't long enough to add more plates. I am using the Body Solid 100lb rubber plates which are really wide so that limits the actual weight that I can load. The unit is very solid and well built and would definitely recommend this unit. Very versatile piece of equipment that works great for leg presses, hack squats and calf raises.
This item is usually delivered via Common Freight Carrier. Handling time is 2-5 days plus shipping time from Chicago. Please review the terms below and contact us ASAP if there may be a problem.
1. The freight carrier will make attempts to contact you by your phone number on your order to schedule delivery. Please double check the phone number current. If they cannot reach you, or cannot arrange delivery, the item will have to be shipped back to us. If this happens, you may lose any shipping fees you paid for the item when the item is refunded.
2. Delivery is scheduled beforehand and usually takes place MONDAY-FRIDAY during business hours. You must be present for delivery and a signature is required. If you schedule an appointment then are not present without contacting the carrier, the carrier may charge a redelivery fee.
3. If you wish to change the delivery address after the order has shipped, you must contact us directly as soon as possible. Some changes may be not possible. If you wish to change the address after the item is already in your area, the carrier may charge a fee.
4. The carrier will arrive in front of your address and it is your responsibility to UNLOAD THE FREIGHT FROM THE TRUCK, drivers usually do not assist. We do not include a lift gate fee to drop the items on the curb, because most customers would prefer do it themselves and save money. If you wish to add this service, there may be an additional fee. The boxes may be taken apart in the truck to ease with unloading.
5. It is your responsibility to INSPECT the merchandise prior to delivery agent's departure. If the merchandise appears to be damaged in any way, please note the damage on the freight bill. This will aid in the return/replacement process.