Very good compact rack
- sigma delta "siggie"
Been using for a couple of months and am quite happy with the product. Assembly was quick & fast. Noticed there were two stable positions (vertical bars slightly closer at the top or slightly wider at the bottom).
* The safety bars (both squats and bench presses) are extremely useful when you don't have a spotter.
* Easily do both squats & bench presses on the same side by adjusting height.
* Compact footprint. You still need an 7 ft Olympic sized bar. A 6 ft bar will do if the separation between the joints is standard (I think it's 52.5" or so).
* Price! Couldn't find too many in this range that offers the safety bars as well.
* The horizontal bar at the bottom is mounted a little high, so it can interfere with some benches. I have a folding bench and need to swap the front-back directions to get it to fit. Standard workout benches probably won't have this issue. So buy this first, and then the bench.
* Doesn't tell you how much weight you can safely use. I have a 300lb set, but am not using all of it right now.
Overall, very happy with the product, and would highly recommend to someone who is in need of a compact footprint for doing squats (as well as bench presses).
Great for the money
- Daniel Lurie
Good price. Solid unit. Easy to assemble.
Its a little low for squats, but I'm nearly 6'3. For most folks, this wont be an issue.
Awesome! - J. Shain "Joey"
I bought this with the bench combo. Shipped with Prime overnight, arrived with packaging in very good condition. Comes almost assembled. Just install the remaining bolts and tighten the rest. Feels very solid. Yes, you need an olympic or 7ft standard bar. I just used some pvc piping on my bar while I'm waiting for my 7ft bar. Great if you don't always have a spotter while doing bench press and I like this more than the large squat cages which I use to have.